Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Summer Reading

          Hi my name is Ava M, this is my first blog post. I like to read a lot because I love getting sucked into a book and not being able to put it down. My favorite genre is Fiction, I like fiction because it can be completely made up or just like our everyday lives.  Over the course of the summer I read four books, The Impossible knife of Memory, The Geography of you and me, Paper Towns, and Something Borrowed. I enjoyed all of these books because they were all different from each other and very interesting to read. My two favorite books were Paper Towns and The Impossible Knife of Memory.

          Paper Towns, by John Green is about Quentin Jacobsen who has spent his life loving Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. One night she climbs through his bedroom window  and persuades him to help her during her night of revenge. After their all-nighter ends Quentin arrives at school the next day and sees that Margo has disappeared. But soon Quentin finds that Margo has left him clues and it becomes his mission to find her.

          The Impossible Knife of Memory, by Laurie Halse Anderson is a about a girl named Hayley and her father Andy who have been moving around the United States for the past 5 years. Finally they settle down in their home town so Hayley can go to school, and for the first time in a long time have a normal teenage life. Maybe even have a relationship with Finn, but with her Father struggling with PTSD that can be hard.

          Overall, I really like to read but I don't have a lot of time for it, but when I do have time to read I really enjoy it especially when I am reading Realistic Fiction.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you,I love to read but I just don't have enough time for it.Also, thanks for the recommendation of The Impossible Knife of Memory, it sounds like a really good book and I look forward on reading it in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii! i also read the impossible knife of memory and i really liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! the impossible knife memory sounds like a great book to read. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your description of fiction, as I too enjoy being tangled within the webs of an author's made up story. I personally am fond of John Green's writing, and Paper Towns sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete